We respect the privacy of children, and do not collect any more personal information than reasonably necessary to enable them to participate in the activities we offer at our Website.
With respect to our online information collection practices from children under 13 years of age: We collect the following types of personal information directly from children online:
- E-mail address
- First and last name
- Identifiers such as information held in a cookie
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies are required to use the Service.
Please note that parents may consent to the collection and use, discussed below, of the information listed above without necessarily consenting to the disclosure of personal information to third parties.
With respect to the collection by other organizations of personal information from children at our site, we do not have any agreements with outside organizations to collect personal information at our site.
Use and Sharing of Information
The information we collect from children is used:
- For record keeping
- To enable them to participate in certain functions of our site, such as use of chat and messaging functions between students and between teachers and students.
We do not have any agreements with outside organizations to collect personal information at our site, and we do not share children’s personal information with anyone other than those who provide support for the internal operations of the Web site and our agents (e.g., contractors who provide fulfillment services or technical support to the Web site). All third parties with whom we share information have agreed to maintain security and integrity of personal information, and have agreed not to use the personal information.
In order for a child under the age of 13 to use the Web site, we must obtain verifiable parental consent to the information collection practices disclosed in this COPPA Compliance Policy. Such consent is generally to be collected by the School which provides access to the Web site for its students. We may not condition a child’s participation in a service or activity on more disclosure than is reasonably necessary.
Parents can (1) review the information that we have collected from their children online, (2) prevent the further use or maintenance of such information, and (3) direct the deletion of their children’s personal information by:
- Calling us at the telephone number provided above
- E-mailing us at the above email address
- Writing to us at the above address, or
- Contacting the School